Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is always a fun holiday but it is also one that comes with its fair share of accidents. Here are a few Halloween safety tips for the weekend.
- Travel in groups and stay within sight of your group at all times.
- Never enter a home or a car alone.
- Carry a flashlight, glow sticks or have a reflective costume.
- Consider using reflective tape on costumes.
- Make sure costumes do not drag the ground and cause tripping.
- Parents, if your kids head out without you, be sure to know the route they are taking and have a set time they are to check in or return home.
- Do not eat candy that has been unwrapped.
- Parents, inspect all candy buckets before allowing children to eat any candy and dispose of any spoiled, or suspicious items.
- Have a contact name and number in your young child’s possession (or pinned on their costume) in the even they get separated or lost.
- Ration the loot over the next few days. Consider donating excess candy to a charity.
- Use a designated crosswalk when crossing the street, especially after dark.
- Avoid alleyways and walking through yards.
- Watch for cars as drivers may not be able to see you.
Have a wonderfully fun and safe holiday!